The Long-term Residency Program 2016 at Skaftfell is CLOSED for applications.
Criteria and application process
Artists are selected by a panel of individuals active in the field of visual arts and culture, with panel members varying from year to year. The selection of artists is based on artistic quality and innovation as well as the ability to work independently and professionally within the program regardless of the nature of their primary profession or arts education.
Skaftfell uses the following criteria when evaluating applicants:
- Primarily the quality of the applicants work as indicated by submitted visual documentation.
- Demonstration of a serious and consistent dedication to the professional practice of visual arts through submitted documents.
- Evaluation that a specific project or practice is especially relevant for a residency at Skaftfell or connect to the current overall curatorial strategies at Skaftfell.
- Exhibition record and curriculum vitae. Evidence that the applicant is at a critical juncture in the development as an artist that will be advanced by the residency stay.
The following documentation is to be submitted as a pdf document, preferably one file (max 20 mb):
- 5-10 images + short descriptions of your recent work ( additionally please add title, year, size, material and mention if group work)
- Artists CV (max. 2 pages)
- Project description or a description of your intentions for and expectations of a residency at Skaftfell.
Only complete applications including the required documentations will be reviewed. The application form does not offer the option to save and reopen if not completed in one time.
Applicants will get an immediate response if the application was submitted correctly and an answer to their application in October 2015.