The harbor sculpture garden is a flexible and fluid venue curated by Skaftfell. It is located on the landfill area in the east-side of town and is a part of the Harbor Garden structure, developed and supervised by the Harbor Garden community.
- The sculptures in the garden should be environmentally conscious and therefore made out of natural or recycled material.
- The sculptures or the subject should encourage community/social/physical engagement (a two-way process that one party motivates another and both parties experience change) or interaction.
- The sculptures are temporary but have to be able to stand for a minimum of three months.
- The sculptures must be child-friendly and possess the ability to withstand strong weather.
- The sculpture must be sustainable in terms of maintenance.
All sculpture suggestions should be directed to Skaftfell. The Center will also commission selected artists to create sculptures. Skaftfell facilitates the production process and presentation of the sculpture.