Skaftfell – Center for Visual Art runs a residency program for artists and scholars in three locations in the town of Seydisfjorður, East-Iceland:
Call for applications is from 1st june with deadline 1st September, applications are not accepted at other times of the year. All applications must arrive with in one week from the deadline, and must be poststamped no later than September 1st.
The Skaftfell residency program’s objective is to:
- foster a community made up of artists and the general public in the rural setting of East Iceland.
- invite artist to live and work in a unique micro community were creativity is applied to every day life.
- create and nurture an inspiring environment and facilitate circumstances for artists to experience, reflect and explore new angles to their artistic work.
- provide conditions that stimulate a dialogue between art and life.
Criteria and application process
Skaftfell uses the following criteria when evaluating applicants:
- Primarily the quality of the applicants work as indicated by submitted visual documentation.
- A record of exhibition and curriculum vitae.
- Demonstration of a serious and consistent dedication of the professional practice of visual arts through submitted documents.
- Evidence that the applicant is at a critical juncture in their development that will be advanced by the residency stay.
Although Skaftfell’s residency program is aimed at artists working with in the field of visual art, experimental artists working in intermediate methods are eligible to apply regardless of the nature of their primary profession/education within the arts. Group applications are welcome.
Artists are selected by a panel of individuals active in the field of visual culture. The panel members vary from year to year. The selection of artists is based on artistic quality and innovation as well as the ability to work productively within the program.
From 1 to 6 months.
Each residency starts the 1st of the month, only whole months are available.
Month 55.000 iskr
Confirmation fee, worth one month, is due at booking.
For further information